Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 6 - Vacation + Treasures

Hello all! No, I didn't forget to blog last week. My husband and I went on a mini vacation with some friends. After we got home we were here for one day and then we went to visit my parents for the weekend. After all was said and done I had no time to sew! I will try my very best to keep up my weekly blogs, during the summer though I might have to take a couple weeks off because of busyness. We shall see! 

I don't have a sewing project to share with you today. I will post this weeks project later on. Today I wanted to share some cool stuff with you! My husband and I are really big on garage/yard sales! We love them! Last weekend was a huge garage sale weekend for us and we got a ton of awesome things! I wanted to share a few of them with you. 


Sweet little vintage Avon elephant perfume bottle! 


Antique typewriter! It works! 






Cool book about the culture of the Middle East from 1964. I think the cover art is fantastic!


More kitchen storage! Yay!


Carl Zeiss lens on a sweet vintage camera!



Oversized vintage powder compact. I've never seen one this big! 


And my favorite find of the weekend...




Vintage/retro floor length dress! I saw this from a 1/2 mile down the road and had to have it! The lady sold it to me for one dollar! It looks like it's never been worn! Score! The color of the dress is definitely more coral/peach but the pictures make it look hot pink. My plan for this dress is to hem the bottom so that it fits me. I haven't decided if I want to hem it just a few inches to make it floor length for me, or if I want to hem it up to my knees to make a super cute short dress...I guess you'll just have to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment