Friday, May 11, 2012

Week 3 - Mother's Day!

Hello Everyone! Well, today will be a short post. My birthday is this weekend as well as Mother's Day and there is so much to do! I've been searching around the internet for inspiration for Mother's Day gifts and finally I found something that sparked my creativity. I decided to make this cute little drawstring gift bags and fill them with organic loose leaf tea for my mom! I think she'll love it! 


I didn't really learn much from this project, except maybe how wonderful my husband is! I couldn't get the drawstring fed through the hole in the first one I sewed and I was getting frustrated so my hero stepped in and took over. 20 minutes later he got it through! HA! He is just great. (So I guess the moral of the story is to make your drawstring hols big enough for the ribbon you are using!)

Note: I decided to hand stitch the first bag I did, then because it was taking too long I stitched the second with my machine. It was definitely easier to sew with the machine so it's your call as to which method you use, but all the photos are of my hand stitching.


 This project was VERY simple. First gather your supplies.


Measure the item(s) you want to put inside the bag, (or just make it as big as you want).


 Fold a piece of fabric in half right sides together and cut out the shape you want. Then sew up the sides. (no photo for this).



 Fold down a flap at the top of the bag, Sew along the bottom of the flap to form the drawstring hole.


 Turn the bag right-side out, feed the string through and voila you are done!


Then, because these are a gift I added little gift tags to each bag specifying which tea is in which bag.


Enjoy! And Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment